Jeg må si jeg er en stor fan av Coco Chanel.
Hennes historie og liv, oppdagelser og suksess gir henne nesten en genistatus.
Jeg beundrer alt hun fikk til når det kommer til fashion og skjønnhet, særlig på den tiden hun levde, selv om jeg kanskje ikke er like enig i alt hun sa og mente når det gjaldt kjærlighetslivet, mote og skjønnhet.
Det hun har fått til har gjort henne til et ikon som for alltid vil leve videre via motehuset Chanel. Tweedjakken, den lille sorte kjolen, bukser til damene.
Hun har revolusjonert utallige ganger, men hele veien har det vært elegant og feminint helt ut til fingerspissene. Og det er tidløst den dag i dag, og vil for alltid være det.
Her er Coco Chanels berømte visdomsord om mote, stil og skjønnhet:
- Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
- Fashion changes, but style endures.
- A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.
- I don’t do fashion, I AM fashion.
- Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
- “Where should one use perfume?” a young woman asked. “Wherever one wants to be kissed”
- I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that would flow with her body. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well-dressed.
- The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.
- I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little – if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.
- Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.
- A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.
- Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.
- Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
- A beautiful dress may look beautiful on a hanger, but that means nothing. It must be seen on the shoulders, with the movement of the arms, the legs, and the waist.
- Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
- A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
- In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
- Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.